About Ten-ee-ah Lodge
“Ten-ee-ah” is Shuswap, a language still spoken today by native people (also called “First Nations”) translates to “big animal”,
meaning the moose.
Buster Hamilton, a Shuswap native, and his wife Milly built Ten-ee-ah in 1942 as a hunting base camp operating
it until 1970. At that time, there was only a wagon trail that led from Lac La Hache to the camp where the Hamiltons were the only ones
to provide guaranteed moose kill on their hunting trips. They employed two native outfitters (guides). Marc’s and Jimy’s cabins are still
intact and used today as Ten-ee-ah’s staff cabins.
Over the years the camp extended its offer to fishing, thus attracting many fishermen during the summer. In 1970 the hunting and
fishing camp was sold to the Biltzans, who continued to operate it until 1980 when it changed into Swiss ownership remaining there ever
since. In the years to come, the camp was gradually extended and adapted to the new market requirements. The original hunting
and fishing camp developed into a vacation resort, attracting more and more Europeans.
Ten-ee-ah Lodge today is one of the leading Wilderness Resorts in British Columbia and has an excellent reputation overseas.
Since 2002, the lodge is managed by the Bader family with a lot of charm, care and devotion.